Now this is what we call a dessert!
What’s that? You want a close up?!
Introducing the Banoffee-Bocker Glory from The Living Space. A twist on the classic Knickerbocker Glory, our dessert layers ginger biscuit, vanilla mascarpone, caramel, banana ice cream and salted caramel ice cream to create this masterpiece.
We insist that you make one right now.
50g caster sugar
100g dried banana chips
12 ginger nut biscuits
1 tsp vanilla extract
50g icing sugar
200g salted caramel ice cream, we use Treleavens
200g banana ice cream, again, Treleavans
170g Dulce De Leche caramel sauce
Glass: Tall sundae glass
To make the banana praline
1. Dissolve the caster sugar in 2 tbsp of water over a medium heat and caramelise gently.
2. Once the caramel has reached a light amber colour remove from the heat.
3. Spread the banana chips on a non-stick baking sheet and carefully pour the caramel over, spread and leave to cool.
4. When cooled and set, smash the praline into pieces with a rolling pin.
To make the sundae
Blitz the ginger nuts in a food processor and set aside.
1. Mix the mascarpone, vanilla extract and icing sugar together and set aside.
2. To assemble your sundae, spoon alternative ingredients to give a layered dessert. We begin with ginger nut crumb, then banana praline, mascarpone cream, salted caramel ice cream, 1 tbsp caramel sauce, banana ice cream and repeat.
3. Garnish your final scoop of ice cream with 2 banana chips, a sprig of mint and a dusting of icing sugar.
And for the finishing touch, add as much caramel as you can!