250ml mango puree
80g castor sugar
1 lemon juice of
2 egg yolks
100g unsalted butter diced
250g unsalted butter
250g dark chocolate
5 egg yolks
125g castor sugar
80g soft flour
1. To make the mango curd whisk together the mango, sugar, lemon juice, eggs and yolks into a stainless steel bowl.
2. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and cook the mix while whisking to.
3. Remove from the heat immediately and whisk in the diced butter.
4. Leave to cool or store in an airtight container for up to a week and seal.
5. Butter seven 300ml dariole moulds and line with cocoa powder.
6. Melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl over a water bath of simmering water and leave to cool.
7. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, egg yolk and castor sugar until light, fluffy and roughly quadrupled in volume.
8. Fold the sifted flour into the egg mix and then fold in the chocolate mix to form a light batter.
9. Pipe the batter half way up the mould and with a spoon create a little nest by pulling the mix up the sides.
10. Put in a spoonful of the mango curd mix right in the middle of the mould and fill around with the chocolate batter.
11. Bake in a pre-heated oven (175oC) for 12 minutes, and leave to stand for 1 minute.
12. Pop the pudding out of the mould and serve immediately with good quality Cornish vanilla or chocolate ice cream.