A pairing of lemon drizzle, rhubarb and clotted cream, served up against the backdrop of the waves at the Beach Hut.
Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan
8 dariol moulds
170g castor sugar
170g self raising flour
2 medium size free range eggs
3 unwaxed lemons
For the syrup
60g castor sugar
800g forced rhubard
200g castor sugar
Clotted cream to serve
1. Line the moulds with melted butter and flour.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs one by one. Add the sifted flour. Mix in the juice of one and zest of 2 lemons
6. Place the mix in a piping bag and fill the moulds 2/3 full
7. Place on a baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes. (Check with a skewer, if clean they are cooked). Remove from the oven.
8. Make the syrup with the juice of two lemons and the 60g of castor sugar, bring to the boil in a small pan.
9. Remove the cakes from the moulds and spoon over the syrup.
10. Cut the rhubarb into approximately 8cm lengths and place in a baking tray covering the surface.
11. Sprinkle the castor sugar, cover with foil and place in the oven 160C for approximately 15 minutes until tender. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
12. Serve the lemon drizzle with the rhubarb and clotted cream drizzled with a little of the rhubarb cooking syrup.