Cornish sea salt lemon and thyme flavour
4 x lemon sole dark skin removed (200/230g each)
100g rice flour for dusting
100ml pomace oil
200g unsalted butter
100g samphire tips (blanched asparagus tips could be used)
200g cooked peeled brown shrimp
1. Peel the cucumber, split lengthways and remove the seeds.
2. Cut the cucumber into 1cm dice and place into a bowl, sprinkle with a little of the Cornish sea salt and a squeeze of lemon juice.
3. Pat the fish dry with a tea towel, dust with the rice flour and remove the excess.
4. Heat a large non-stick frying pan until medium hot, add the oil and lay in the fish flesh side down.
5. Allow to cook gently for 2 minutes before turning, the flesh should be golden brown.
6. Cook for a further 2 minutes before removing any excess oil.
7. Add the butter. When melted and foaming add the cucumber, samphire and shrimp.
8. Squeeze a little lemon into the pan and check for seasoning.
9. Baste the fish with the butter a couple of times before plating