This week, Hayden Bishop, Head Chef from The Beach Hut has cooked up chorizo and butterbean stew – perfect for those wintery days and equally as perfect with white fish or chicken. We’ve chosen hake as it is particularly sustainable during the winter.
1 onion finely chopped
1 clove of garlic
200g picante chorizo (soft cooking chorizo)
2 red peppers
1. Sweat off the onions, garlic and herbs in a little olive oil until soft.
2. Cut the chorizo into pound coin-sized pieces and cook with the onions.
3. Cut the red peppers into thirds, remove seeds and pith and grill on a high heat until the skins blacken and can be peeled from the flesh.
4. Chop the pepper flesh and add to the pan along with the passata and butterbeans and cook for 5 minutes on a medium heat.
5. Season to taste and add a knob of butter and some chopped parsley to finish.
6. Goes well with any white fish, cod, haddock, hake, pollock or even bass. Simply pan fry or grill and serve on top of this mouth-watering stew. Enjoy!
7. Skip the washing up and visit the Beach Hut – we’re open seven days a week all year round.