- 2 eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp Ovaltine malted drink
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Milk for consistency
- Knob of butter for greasing
- Good quality lemon curd
- In a large bowl crack the 2 eggs and beat together, then whisk in the caster sugar for at least a minute.
- Add the sifted flour, Ovaltine and lemon zest and whisk until smooth.
- The mix will be quite thick and sticking to the whisk, start to add milk a little at a time keeping the mix smooth until it’s the consistency of thick cream.
- Heat a non stick frying pan and grease with a little butter.
- Take a ladle of the mix and pour into the pan, keep the heat moderate and wait for bubbles and pits to appear on the surface before turning, leave for 30 seconds before taking out of the pan and serving.
Stack high and serve with lemon curd and blueberries.
Some other options to try;
– Berries and clotted cream
– Dry-cured streaky bacon, maple syrup and bananas
– Salted caramel sauce and vanilla Crème Fraiche
Emily Scott's sausage roll recipe, with apricots and honey
Caraway seeded sausage roll recipe straight from Emily Scott's brand new cookbook, Time & Tide.
Helford blue, spring onion & thyme tart recipe
Straight out of Emily Scott's new cookbook get the recipe for this salad onion, leek...
The Living Space Spring cocktails
Bring Watergate flavours to your home bar, with our three spring cocktail recipes.
Smoky Jollof recipe
Lerato Umah-Shaylor shares her Smoky Jollof recipe straight from her new cook book, Africana.
Chana Masala recipe
Straight from The Beach Hut kitchen comes our Chana Masala recipe, serve with fresh bread,...