There’s nothing wrong with the old classic. But if you want to build on from sugar and lemon, why not give our malted lemon pancakes with lemon curd and blueberries a go?
Indulgent pancakes that you can easily make at home for Shrove Tuesday.
100g caster sugar
200g self-raising flour
1 tbsp Ovaltine malted drink
Zest of 1 lemon
Milk for consistency
Knob of butter for greasing
Good quality lemon curd
1. In a large bowl crack the 2 eggs and beat together, then whisk in the caster sugar for at least a minute.
2. Add the sifted flour, Ovaltine and lemon zest and whisk until smooth.
3. The mix will be quite thick and sticking to the whisk, start to add milk a little at a time keeping the mix smooth until it’s the consistency of thick cream.
4. Heat a non stick frying pan and grease with a little butter.
5. Take a ladle of the mix and pour into the pan, keep the heat moderate and wait for bubbles and pits to appear on the surface before turning, leave for 30 seconds before taking out of the pan and serving.
Stack high and serve with lemon curd and blueberries.
Some other options to try;
– Berries and clotted cream
– Dry-cured streaky bacon, maple syrup and bananas
– Salted caramel sauce and vanilla Crème Fraiche