450g clotted cream, crust taken off
125ml semi skimmed milk
60g caster sugar
1.5 gelatine leaves (equivalent to or 6g)
1 vanilla pod
1. Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water till soft
2. Bring the milk, sugar and vanilla to a simmer and take off the heat.
3. Add the soaked gelatine to the milk mixture and allow to cool.
4. Gently beat the clotted cream till smooth, then add to the milk mixture, stirring till smooth.
5. Divide mixture into dariole moulds and allow to set in fridge for 4 hours, or overnight.
1kg of sugar
1 litre of water
Fruit of your choice
1. Add 1kg sugar to 1 litre of water and bring to the boil.
2. Add your vanilla flavouring (or whatever takes your fancy e.g. bay leaf, saffron).
3. Add your chosen fruit and cover with greaseproof paper.
4. Weigh the fruit down with a plate and simmer until tender.