Serves four to six people
- 600g sushi rice
- 780ml water
- 100ml rice wine vinegar
- 50g castor sugar
Crab and vegetable
- Spicy mayo (mayonnaise, sriracha hot sauce, sesame oil and a few drops of fish sauce, mixed to taste)
- 340g of picked white spider crab meat
- 120g edamame beans
- 2 avocados peeled and sliced
- Pickled ginger
- Mouli – peeled and cut into matchsticks
- Carrot – peeled and cut into matchsticks
- Sugar snaps – sliced length ways
- Cucumber – peeled and diced
- Spring onions – sliced on an angle
- Coriander – washed and picked
- Sesame seeds – toasted
- Japanese 7 spice
- Wash the rice until the water runs clear, then drain.
- Add the rice to a pan and cover with the water. Bring to a boil, then cover with a lid.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the heat leaving the lid on for a further 12 minutes
- Heat the vinegar, add and dissolve the sugar and salt.
- With a wooden spoon fold the rice adding the vinegar mix a little at a time
- Allow the rice to cool but do not refrigerate it.
Divide the rice between the four bowls and arrange all the ingredients on top of the rice and finish with the spicy mayo, toasted sesame seeds and seven spice.
Discover our restaurants
Here to dine, or barefoot from the beach? Choose from three different eating and drinking spots.
Fusing international influence with local produce, a three-course menu showcasing the best of the season.
The Living Space
Sofa, armchair, banquette or ocean-view terrace? Antipasti plates, seasonal salad or hearty fillers?
The Beach Hut
Laid-back, breezy and modern, the Beach Hut blends considered food and a warm welcome.
Discover more recipes
Emily Scott's sausage roll recipe, with apricots and honey
Caraway seeded sausage roll recipe straight from Emily Scott's brand new cookbook, Time & Tide.
Helford blue, spring onion & thyme tart recipe
Straight out of Emily Scott's new cookbook get the recipe for this salad onion, leek...
The Living Space Spring cocktails
Bring Watergate flavours to your home bar, with our three spring cocktail recipes.
Smoky Jollof recipe
Lerato Umah-Shaylor shares her Smoky Jollof recipe straight from her new cook book, Africana.
Chana Masala recipe
Straight from The Beach Hut kitchen comes our Chana Masala recipe, serve with fresh bread,...