Crab linguine with chilli
Crab bucatini or linguine is a very simple dish that only uses a few ingredients so as not to overpower the crab. It’s a popular Beach Hut dish and a classic on our menu for over a decade.
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 3 large red chillies - deseeded and finely chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic - peeled and finely grated
- 80ml olive oil
- 400g picked white crab meat
- 100g flat parsley - washed and chopped including stalks
- 400g spaghetti/linguine or bucatini
- drizzle of olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 100C. Place the cherry tomatoes on a baking tray and place in the oven for 60 - 90 minutes to dehydrate and concentrate the flavours.
2. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and heavily season with salt, cook the spaghetti stirring occasionally. When just cooked (around 8 minutes) drain and toss in a little olive oil.
3. In a large frying pan, add the 80ml of olive oil and gently cook the garlic and chilli without browning.
4. Add the crab and stir through to warm, about 30 seconds before adding the hot spaghetti.
5. Combine the crab mix and pasta before adding the chopped parsley tomatoes.
6. Check the seasoning and distribute between 4 bowls, drizzle with a little extra olive oil and serve.
Twelve Trees of Christmas
This December, we're telling twelve inspiring sustainability tales across twelve trees here at Watergate Bay....
Musician in residence: Joe Kirby
Our first musician in residence kicks off between 16 - 19 November. We caught up...
Round-up: Arts on the Beach
Children bounced to the beat, air-borne dancers soared and towering puppets stopped revellers in their...
Things to do in Cornwall
A selection of our favourite places to visit and events in Cornwall. Gardens, power boat...
Adrift: Lego Lost at Sea
Explore the tiny, colourful and downright odd finds washing up on our shores at the...