For guests of the hotel, breakfast is now served in Zacry’s, our hotel restaurant, and on the menu are DIY waffles. We’re taking the lead from our American friends and think this is pretty unique in Cornwall. Why not try your waffles with fruit and yoghurt, or the classic maple syrup? Or mix sweet and savoury with bacon, strawberries and maple syrup.
At breakfast we provide everything you need, all you do is put the mix into the iron, set the timer and enjoy.
But for those of you who want to make waffles at home, we’ve written out the recipe here.
250g Flour (plain)
7g Baking powder
20g Caster sugar
30ml Vegetable oil
1. Pre-heat your waffle iron.
2. Place all your dry ingredients into a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl mix together the eggs and milk.
4. Combine the dry ingredients with your egg and milk, and add oil. Beat together until any large lumps have broken up. But be careful not to over beat or else your waffles will be too heavy when cooked.
5. Pour one serving of the mixture into the middle of the iron, set the time to three minutes, making sure to turn the iron half way through.
Mixed berry compote with natural yoghurt