Open every day from 8am till 10pm, the Kids’ Zone is what it says on the tin.
An Ofsted-registered, activity-led space for children, the Kids’ Zone is run by experienced staff. All staff have valid DBS (formerly CRB) checks in place and qualifications ranging from Child Care Level 3 through to Early Years Professional Status, Playwork practitioner and Primary Teaching degrees.
The Kids’ Zone is a secure, dedicated area suited to a variety of activities.
• Play room full of toys and games
• Art room for arts and crafts
• Quiet area for reading during the day and for films and stories in the evening
• Interactive story area for puppet shows and storytelling
• Adjacent outdoor play area, designed by Earth Wrights, with areas for climbing, balancing, hiding and exploring
Each week the Kids’ Zone has a different theme from sea life to circus, the Wild West and sweet shops. During school holidays activities include:
• Heuristic play and messy play
• Sandcastle building, rock pooling, beach games
• Puppet shows, dressing up, treasure hunts, face painting
• Tug-o-war, flour bomb dodge ball, football tournaments
• Drinking hot chocolate around a fire pit (weather and tide permitting)
The Kids’ Zone often has visiting entertainers for all round family fun.
• Cookery sessions
• Graffiti art
• Music and movement
• Circus skills
The Kids’ Zone is supervised or unsupervised depending on the time of day.