Coronavirus - We are open.
For more information click here.
We are not currently offering supervised sessions or babysitting but you can book a private session in Kids' Zone with your family..
Wellies lined up by the door, getting amongst the elements, keeping young minds busy in the Kids’ Zone. From babies to grandparents, fresh new families to bigger broods, bring along the whole gang.
While currently we aren’t able to offer supervised sessions or babysitting, families can book the Kids’ Zone spaces for private use.
Each session is 45 minutes and available daily. The Playroom and outdoor play area is available from 8.45-6.15pm and the Games Room from 9am-10.15pm.
• You can pre-book one session per day once you have checked in, up to 24 hrs in advance and are welcome to check for further availability. Please phone ext 319 to pre-book your sessions.
• The outdoor play area is booked as part of a playroom session and is therefore unavailable for general use.
• Adults can also book the Games Room for table tennis and pool.
• There is a maximum of 10 guests per family booking, providing all guests are part of the same bubble.
• Due to staggered sessions, you are required to arrive and leave at your allocated time slot. Please contact us if you are running late as we are unable to extend sessions due to allocated bookings.
• Children under the age of 13 yrs must be supervised at all times. Those aged 13yrs+ do not require supervision, however parents must be within the hotel premises at all times.
• No glass is permitted in the playroom.
• Nappy changing is available, however we are unable to provide any nappies, wipes or nappy sacks.
• Handwashing/sanitising is mandatory when arriving at the Kids Zone.
• Families must deposit any toys/equipment used in the provided containers at the end of their play session.
• This provision will be reviewed regularly due to staffing levels and government guidelines.
Open every day from 8am till 10pm for 3-7 years.
An Ofsted-registered, activity-led space run by experienced DBS (formerly CRB) accredited staff. Their qualifications range from Child Care Level 3 through to Early Years Professional Status, Playwork practitioner and Primary Teaching degrees.
A secure, dedicated area suited to a variety of activities.
• Play room full of toys and games
• Art room for arts and crafts
• Quiet area for reading during the day and for films and stories in the evening
• Interactive story area for puppet shows and storytelling
• Adjacent outdoor play area, designed by Earth Wrights, with areas for climbing, balancing, hiding and exploring
Each week the Kids’ Zone has a different theme from sea life to circus, the wild west and sweet shops.
During school holidays activities include:
• Heuristic play and messy play
• Sandcastle building, rock pooling, beach games
• Puppet shows, dressing up, treasure hunts, face painting
• Tug-o-war, flour bomb dodge ball, football tournaments
• Drinking hot chocolate around a fire pit (weather and tide permitting)
The Kids’ Zone often has visiting entertainers for all round family fun.
• Cookery sessions
• Graffiti art
• Music and movement
• Film making
• Circus skills
Toddler sessions (6m-2years)
Activities include messy play (a change of clothes will be needed), music and rhymes, sensory and heuristic play in a calm, stimulating and supportive environment. All is worked alongside around your child’s daily routine, with feeds and nappy changes included.
The Kids’ Zone is supervised or unsupervised depending on the time of day.
During term time, the XA Club is a supervised session every Friday and Saturday evening, 6.30pm till 10pm. In school holidays, it runs every morning and evening (10am till midday and 6.30pm till 10pm)*. From 8-12 years.
The XA games room includes table tennis, table football, controlled internet access, PlayStation and X-Box 360.
• PG and U-rated films every evening during school holidays
• Wide range of arts and crafts
• Team games
• Tin-can cookery
• Smoothie making
• Beach activities (weather and tide permitting)
XA Club is supervised, although it also provides less formal entertainment. Outside of supervision times, the room is available for everyone to use.
During school holidays, children aged 8–15 years staying at the hotel can have a free surf lesson with fully qualified instructors at the Extreme Academy.
Coronavirus - Currently we are unable to offer supervision. For more information click here.
Morning supervision – term time
• Toddlers (6 months–2 years), daily, 10am–12noon
• Kids’ Zone (3-7 years), daily, 10am–12noon
Evening supervision – term time
• Kids’ Zone (3–7 years), daily, 6.30pm–10pm
• XA Club (8–12 years), Friday and Saturday, 6.30pm–10pm
Please book prior to arrival by calling 01637 860 543, extension 319.
Morning supervision – school holidays
• Kids’ Zone (3–7 years), daily, 10am–12noon
• XA Club (8–12 years), daily, 10am–12noon
Evening supervision – school holidays
• Kids’ Zone (3–7 years), daily, 6.30pm–10pm
• XA Club (8–12 years), daily, 6.30pm–10pm
These sessions can booked on the day from 9am at the Kids’ Zone reception or pre-booked during term time.
During school holidays supervision can be booked on a daily basis at the Kids’ Zone reception from 9am. Outside of school holidays they can be pre-booked. Places are limited and the sessions are closed which means that while they are running the Kids’ Zone cannot be accessed by anyone other than those who have booked. Parents whose children are in a session must remain on the hotel premises.
To pre-book a term time supervised session please email our Kids’ Zone team.
Supervised sessions for non-residents are subject to availability and are £7/ hr per child. These sessions can be booked on the day, subject to availability.
*School holiday dates relate to standard school term times. Please check specific dates with our Reservations Team on 01637 860543.
We can provide a babysitter between 6pm and 2am, allowing you to have an evening out. All our babysitters are Kids’ Zone staff, with up-to-date DBS checks and Paediatric First Aid. The minimum booking time is two hours. Availability is limited, so please give as much notice as possible. The fee, which is £12/hour, is charged to your room account.
Babysitting must be booked in advance and for same day cancellation a two hour fee will apply.
Our baby monitoring and baby listening service can be used in all restaurants throughout Watergate Bay, including The Beach Hut and Fifteen Cornwall. Responsibility for children remains with the parents at all times. If using the service, you are not permitted to leave the hotel grounds and it is recommended that you check on your children regularly.
Currently baby listening and baby monitoring is not available in the Village family apartment.
Bunk rooms and super king beds, with enough room for everyone to relax, our family suites make the ideal base for your beachside adventures.
Arts and crafts, games and themed activities, our Kids’ Zone is full of imaginative ways to keep your children active throughout the day (0-7 years old).
From woodwork to tin-can cookery, throughout the school holidays let our XA Club keep older kids entertained (8-12 years old).
Let our registered babysitters take the reins for the night, or take advantage of our monitoring and listening service while you dine in one of our restaurants.*
*Responsibility remains with the parents at all times.
Daily changing specials suitable for children in Zacry’s and dishes from the main menu can be simplified on request
Secure parents’ kitchens in the hotel with microwave, washing up facilities and fridge
Freshly prepared food in all restaurants which our staff are happy to puree for your baby
Early supper for children on a dinner inclusive rate is from 5pm – 6pm in Zacry’s. For non-residents, early supper is £9 per child
We ask that families with children under 8 years old book a table between 6.30pm – 7.30pm
Family suites ideally sized for a family of four, and slightly more spacious family suites to fit a family of five. Book your stay in one of our best family suites.
Stylish two-bedroom properties designed for families to really relax and feel at home. Book your stay in a village family apartment.
Modern beach living comes as standard.
HAVE A LOOK AROUND
Explore our spaces before you book.