Makes 4 chicken burgers
- 2 large chicken breasts - split lengthways on the horizontal
- 1 free-range egg
- 4 burger buns
- oil for deep frying
- Coating flour
- 180g potato flour (fecule)
- 60g rice flour
- 80g self-raising flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 3 tbs Heinz tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp Korean chilli paste
- 1/2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar (or white wine vinegar
Place all ingredients into a saucepan, stir to incorporate, bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- 100g chinese leaf
- 1 carrot - peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 200g mooli - peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 50g coriander - picked
- 1 red chilli - deseeded and cut into fine strips
- 50ml white vinegar
- 250ml greek yoghurt
Place all the vegetables into a bowl, season with salt, add the vinegar and the Greek yoghurt and fold together, finally add the coriander.
- Heat your fryer oil to 180C
- Place the 4 pieces of chicken into a bowl and crack in the egg. Mix with your fingers until the chicken is coated.
- Place the flour into a separate bowl and add the drained chicken, coat the chicken and place it into the fryer for around 4-6 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken, you can check with a thermometer (70C).
- While the chicken is frying, cut the buns in half horizontally and toast.
- On the bottom half of each bun, place a spoon of slaw.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove and allow to drain.
- Place a piece of chicken on top of each mound of slaw.
- Spoon over the gochujang and replace the top bun to serve.
Discover more recipes
Emily Scott's sausage roll recipe, with apricots and honey
Caraway seeded sausage roll recipe straight from Emily Scott's brand new cookbook, Time & Tide.
Helford blue, spring onion & thyme tart recipe
Straight out of Emily Scott's new cookbook get the recipe for this salad onion, leek...
The Living Space Spring cocktails
Bring Watergate flavours to your home bar, with our three spring cocktail recipes.
Smoky Jollof recipe
Lerato Umah-Shaylor shares her Smoky Jollof recipe straight from her new cook book, Africana.
Chana Masala recipe
Straight from The Beach Hut kitchen comes our Chana Masala recipe, serve with fresh bread,...