For the rice:
- 300g basmati rice
- 300g vegetable stock
- 6 cardamom pods
For the curry:
- Various fish, allowing 180g per person - cod, hake, prawns, squid, salmon, sole, plaice etc.
- 50g coriander
- Green chilli - sliced for garnish (optional)
For the sauce:
- 50ml sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion - peeled and finely sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic - peeled and finely grated
- 1 thumb of ginger - finely grated
- 8 cardamom pods
- 1 tbs ground coriander
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 4 ripe tomatoes - skinned and finely chopped
- 100g ground almonds
For the rice
- Wash the rice four times through with cold water, until the water is clear. Then allow the rice to drain.
- Add the rice to a medium saucepan with a well-fitting lid.
- Add the stock and cardamom pods and bring to a simmer, before turning down the heat and cover. Cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, turn off the heat and allow to stand for 10 minutes before adding the butter and forking through the rice to release the individual grains. Check for seasoning.
For the curry
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onions, cook until softened and deep golden brown. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for a further minute before adding the spices and cooking for a further 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped tomato and cook for 5 minutes until broken down.
- Add the ground almonds and approximately 500ml of water.
- Place the sauce into a blender and blitz until smooth. Return to the pan and cook for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Place the fish pieces into the sauce and poach for 5 - 8 minutes until cooked.
Place the fish korma into 4 bowls and garnish with coriander leaves and extra sliced chilli depending on your taste, serve with the cardamom rice.
Discover our restaurants
Here to dine, or barefoot from the beach? Choose from three different eating and drinking spots.
Fusing international influence with local produce, a three-course menu showcasing the best of the season.
The Living Space
Sofa, armchair, banquette or ocean-view terrace? Antipasti plates, seasonal salad or hearty fillers?
The Beach Hut
Laid-back, breezy and modern, the Beach Hut blends considered food and a warm welcome.
Discover more recipes
Emily Scott's sausage roll recipe, with apricots and honey
Caraway seeded sausage roll recipe straight from Emily Scott's brand new cookbook, Time & Tide.
Helford blue, spring onion & thyme tart recipe
Straight out of Emily Scott's new cookbook get the recipe for this salad onion, leek...
The Living Space Spring cocktails
Bring Watergate flavours to your home bar, with our three spring cocktail recipes.
Smoky Jollof recipe
Lerato Umah-Shaylor shares her Smoky Jollof recipe straight from her new cook book, Africana.
Chana Masala recipe
Straight from The Beach Hut kitchen comes our Chana Masala recipe, serve with fresh bread,...