Fresh local fish, cardamom rice and a creamy korma sauce make up our Beach Hut's fish korma. Fragrant and flavoursome, follow our recipe to make it at home.
For the rice:
For the curry:
For the sauce:
1. Wash the rice four times through with cold water, until the water is clear. Then allow the rice to drain.
2. Add the rice to a medium saucepan with a well-fitting lid.
3. Add the stock and cardamom pods and bring to a simmer, before turning down the heat and cover. Cook for 20 minutes.
4. After 20 minutes, turn off the heat and allow to stand for 10 minutes before adding the butter and forking through the rice to release the individual grains. Check for seasoning.
For the curry
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onions, cook until softened and deep golden brown. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for a further minute before adding the spices and cooking for a further 30 seconds.
2. Add the chopped tomato and cook for 5 minutes until broken down.
3. Add the ground almonds and approximately 500ml of water.
4. Place the sauce into a blender and blitz until smooth. Return to the pan and cook for 15 - 20 minutes.
5. Place the fish pieces into the sauce and poach for 5 - 8 minutes until cooked.
Place the fish korma into 4 bowls and garnish with coriander leaves and extra sliced chilli depending on your taste, serve with the cardamom rice.