- 4 medium baking potatoes - peeled and diced into 2cm square
- 3 red onions
- 4 dried bay leaves
- 30ml balsamic vinegar
- 180g mix of salami slices chopped roughly, and Nduja
- 2 red bell peppers
- 100g flat leaf parsley - washed and dried
- 4 free range eggs
- 100g butter
- 150ml vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
2 frying pans
Preheat oven to 180°C
- Boil the diced potatoes in salted water until tender, drain and keep to one side.
- Toss the onion wedges in a bowl with a little oil (50ml) and the bay leaves, season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the onions and peppers.
- Onions - Place the onions onto a baking tray close together, but in a single layer to give the right balance of roasting and steaming. Roast in an oven at 180°C, checking and turning every ten minutes until soft and turning golden. When cooked, pop into a bowl and drizzle with the 30ml of balsamic vinegar. Keep to one side.
- Peppers - Rub the whole bell peppers with a little oil and place on a tray in the oven, turn the peppers when you check the onions. After about 20 minutes the peppers will be soft and tender, remove from the oven and allow to cool. Once cooled, remove the skin and seeds, then tear the flesh into strips about 1cm thick and place to one side.
- Lay the parsley out and roll tight on a chopping board, cut through the leaves and stalks finely just once so as not to over chop.
- Place a large frying pan on medium heat and add the remaining oil, followed by the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and fry until golden brown on each side, about 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes add the salami pieces and Nduja and continue to fry turning occasionally. After a minute add the onions, stirring through the mix, followed by the peppers.
- Once everything is heated through, turn down the heat and place the second frying pan on a medium heat.
- When moderately hot, add the butter and allow this to melt and foam before cracking in your eggs. Baste the eggs with the butter until cooked to your liking.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped parsley to the hash and fold through, season to taste and divide between 4 plates. Top with a fried egg and serve.
Discover our restaurants
Here to dine, or barefoot from the beach? Choose from three different eating and drinking spots.
Fusing international influence with local produce, a three-course menu showcasing the best of the season.
The Living Space
Sofa, armchair, banquette or ocean-view terrace? Antipasti plates, seasonal salad or hearty fillers?
The Beach Hut
Laid-back, breezy and modern, the Beach Hut blends considered food and a warm welcome.
Discover more recipes
Emily Scott's sausage roll recipe, with apricots and honey
Caraway seeded sausage roll recipe straight from Emily Scott's brand new cookbook, Time & Tide.
Helford blue, spring onion & thyme tart recipe
Straight out of Emily Scott's new cookbook get the recipe for this salad onion, leek...
The Living Space Spring cocktails
Bring Watergate flavours to your home bar, with our three spring cocktail recipes.
Smoky Jollof recipe
Lerato Umah-Shaylor shares her Smoky Jollof recipe straight from her new cook book, Africana.
Chana Masala recipe
Straight from The Beach Hut kitchen comes our Chana Masala recipe, serve with fresh bread,...