Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan
- 8 dariol moulds
- 170g butter
- 170g castor sugar
- 170g self raising flour
- 2 medium size free range eggs
- 3 unwaxed lemons
For the syrup
- 60g castor sugar
- 800g forced rhubard
- 200g castor sugar
- Clotted cream to serve
1. Line the moulds with melted butter and flour.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs one by one. Add the sifted flour. Mix in the juice of one and zest of 2 lemons
6. Place the mix in a piping bag and fill the moulds 2/3 full
7. Place on a baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes. (Check with a skewer, if clean they are cooked). Remove from the oven.
8. Make the syrup with the juice of two lemons and the 60g of castor sugar, bring to the boil in a small pan.
9. Remove the cakes from the moulds and spoon over the syrup.
10. Cut the rhubarb into approximately 8cm lengths and place in a baking tray covering the surface.
11. Sprinkle the castor sugar, cover with foil and place in the oven 160C for approximately 15 minutes until tender. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
12. Serve the lemon drizzle with the rhubarb and clotted cream drizzled with a little of the rhubarb cooking syrup.
Discover more recipes
Emily Scott's sausage roll recipe, with apricots and honey
Caraway seeded sausage roll recipe straight from Emily Scott's brand new cookbook, Time & Tide.
Helford blue, spring onion & thyme tart recipe
Straight out of Emily Scott's new cookbook get the recipe for this salad onion, leek...
The Living Space Spring cocktails
Bring Watergate flavours to your home bar, with our three spring cocktail recipes.
Smoky Jollof recipe
Lerato Umah-Shaylor shares her Smoky Jollof recipe straight from her new cook book, Africana.
Chana Masala recipe
Straight from The Beach Hut kitchen comes our Chana Masala recipe, serve with fresh bread,...