Cornish Scones recipe
Enjoy a proper cream tea at home with Neil's Cornish scones recipe
Take a look at Neil Haydock’s recipe for Cornish Scones using Rodda’s Cornish clotted cream.
Makes 12 Cornish scones
- 500g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 15g baking powder
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g salted butter, diced
- 250ml milk
- 1 free-range medium , lightly beaten
- 227g pot of Rodda’s Cornish clotted cream
- 200g good-quality strawberry jam
- Rub the flour, butter, sugar and baking powder together to form a crumb.
- Add the milk and form a smooth, soft dough with your hands.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to 2.5 cm thick and cut into rounds with a 5cm cutter. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush the tops of the scones twice with the beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes. Do not over-bake them or they will be dry.
- Serve warm with the Rodda’s Cornish clotted cream and strawberry jam – The perfect Cornish cream tea.
Twelve Trees of Christmas
This December, we're telling twelve inspiring sustainability tales across twelve trees here at Watergate Bay....
Musician in residence: Joe Kirby
Our first musician in residence kicks off between 16 - 19 November. We caught up...
Round-up: Arts on the Beach
Children bounced to the beat, air-borne dancers soared and towering puppets stopped revellers in their...
Things to do in Cornwall
A selection of our favourite places to visit and events in Cornwall. Gardens, power boat...
Adrift: Lego Lost at Sea
Explore the tiny, colourful and downright odd finds washing up on our shores at the...