Serves four as a snack
- 2 red onions fine diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Spanish smoked paprika (sweet or spicy)
- 1 tin chopped tomato – 400g
- 4 tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 jar roasted sweet red peppers, rinsed, drained, patted dry and sliced
- 60g chopped flat leaf parsley
1. Sweat the onions and garlic together slowly in olive oil until very soft and translucent.
2. Add the smoked paprika and cook out for a further 2 minutes then add chopped tomatoes and reduce until you have a thick paste.
3. Add the vinegar and sugar to balance the sweet and sour flavour of the relish and reduce again.
4. Towards the end of cooking add peppers and the flat parsley, season to taste and allow time to cool.
The smoked red pepper relish goes perfectly with a halloumi burger.
Twelve Trees of Christmas
This December, we're telling twelve inspiring sustainability tales across twelve trees here at Watergate Bay....
Musician in residence: Joe Kirby
Our first musician in residence kicks off between 16 - 19 November. We caught up...
Round-up: Arts on the Beach
Children bounced to the beat, air-borne dancers soared and towering puppets stopped revellers in their...
Things to do in Cornwall
A selection of our favourite places to visit and events in Cornwall. Gardens, power boat...
Adrift: Lego Lost at Sea
Explore the tiny, colourful and downright odd finds washing up on our shores at the...