The Bramble effect takes place at the end, with the winding of Cassis through the blackberry and honey gin cocktail. You'll need crushed ice and a stirrer.
- 25ml Tarquins British blackberry & Cornish Honey Gin
- 25ml Atlantic Cassis
- 25ml lemon juice (1 lemon squeezed)
- 25ml Gomme/sugar syrup
- Blackberry and twist of lemon peel to garnish
- Crushed Ice
Served in a tumbler or rocks glass.
- Half fill the glass with crushed ice.
- Add the lemon, gin and sugar syrup.
- Take a spoon or stirrer (end of a spoon works well) and mix.
- Top glass with crushed ice.
- Drizzle cassis in a circular motion to achieve a marbling effect.
- Garnish with a twist of lemon peel and a blackberry if you like.
The cocktail king
Dick Bradsell created this classic in Soho in the 1980's on the pursuit of a genuinely British drink. The sweetness of the sugar and blackberry, with sour lemon, proved a popular combination when mixed with gin. Today it's one of the most famous cocktails in the world. Affectionally named 'The Cocktail King,' we're grateful to Dick Bradsell who also gave us the espresso martini.
Discover more cocktails
The Living Space Spring cocktails
Bring Watergate flavours to your home bar, with our three spring cocktail recipes.
Affogato Espresso Martini
A twist on the classic espresso martini, with Black cow vodka, Kahlua coffee liquor, Origin...
Black Forest Gateau
A clarified milk punch cocktail recipe with Tarquins black cherry gin, cherry liquor, lemon juice,...
Jack Frost cocktail
Built in the 1930’s, Bude sea pool provides the inspiration for our rum based Christmas...
Blood orange & cranberry fizz
Cocktail recipe - from St Ives comes this unique blood orange gin, mixed with Cointreau,...