Each morning in Zacry's the sweet smell of American waffles fills the hotel, stirring our guests from slumber and drawing them down to breakfast. Discover our vegan and non-vegan waffle recipes below to make them at home.
Both children and adults alike have great fun using the waffle irons to create their own, and then choosing what toppings to go for. Be it maple syrup and bacon, yoghurt or fresh berries, each waffle is as mouth watering as the next. But will one be enough?
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 300g plain flour
- 350ml warm milk
- 75ml melted butter
- 1 pinch salt
- Vanilla extract to taste
1. Pre-heat your waffle iron.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together.
3. Beat the eggs and add the warm milk and vanilla extract.
4. Pour the flour mixture into the liquid, whisking all the time.
5. When all the flour is in and the batter is smooth add the melted butter and stir.
Leave for 30 minutes before use.
Add your favourite toppings and enjoy!
- 500g plain flour
- 650ml oat milk
- 115g baking powder
- 250g coconut yoghurt
- 2g vanilla seed powder
- 2g salt
- 150g sugar
- 100ml vegetable oil
1. Place all dry ingredients into a mixer.
2. Combine all the wet ingredients and pour them into the dry.
3. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before making waffles.
4. Make all the waffles and freeze what you don't eat.
Twelve Trees of Christmas
This December, we're telling twelve inspiring sustainability tales across twelve trees here at Watergate Bay....
Musician in residence: Joe Kirby
Our first musician in residence kicks off between 16 - 19 November. We caught up...
Round-up: Arts on the Beach
Children bounced to the beat, air-borne dancers soared and towering puppets stopped revellers in their...
Things to do in Cornwall
A selection of our favourite places to visit and events in Cornwall. Gardens, power boat...
Adrift: Lego Lost at Sea
Explore the tiny, colourful and downright odd finds washing up on our shores at the...